STAGE IS SET AT THE SHOPS AT NANUET
Summer Concert Series Kicks off June 30
A new season of free outdoor entertainment will return to The Shops at Nanuet when it hosts its annual Summer Concert Series. Now in its third year, the series will kick off on Thursday, June 30 with a live performance by ETA Music from 6:30 to 8 p.m.
Composed of seven talented musicians, ETA Music has performed all over the tri-state, wowing crowds for over 18 years with songs ranging from Top 40 contemporary music to country, reggae, Latin and even classics.
The Shops at Nanuet’s Summer Concert Series offers free entertainment that is open to the public on select Thursday nights, June through September, from 6:30 to 8 p.m. In addition to the highlighted musical performances, the Summer Concert Series evenings will include food sampling and retailer hosted programs, including complimentary yoga lead by a local instructor, courtesy of lululemon athletic. The class will be held just prior to each concert from 5:30 to 6:30 pm.
As a new feature this year, there will be more family-friendly elements such as an opportunity to grab a fun prop and enjoy a free, digital photo booth experience and face-painting during select concert dates.
“We are thrilled to host the Summer Concert Series and continue our favorite seasonal tradition at The Shops at Nanuet,” commented Briana Puncar, director of mall marketing and business development for The Shops at Nanuet. “The schedule has been developed to feature a wide range of music that can be appreciated by numerous generations. We look forward to welcoming Rockland residents to enjoy live performances, complimentary nibbles, retailer hosted programs and family amenities in a relaxing outdoor environment.”
Guests to The Shops at Nanuet can enjoy the following performance schedule:
- July 14 – Country Fresh plays the freshest songs in today’s modern country music scene. Country Fresh delivers a high energy show packed with twang and southern charm.
- July 28 – Dan and T is a two-piece band that plays music ranging from the 70s through today. Guests will enjoy the full band sound that Dan and T produce through guitar, drums and vocals.
- August 11 – 3D Ritmo de Vida, led by drummer Michael Tate, is a bilingual dance band for the 21st century and beyond, serving up a tropical mix of funky salsa and Caribbean soul with a New York attitude.
- August 25 – Joe D’Urso & Stone Caravan, a Jersey Shore, rock and roll band that tours internationally, has performed on thousands of stages in 24 countries and attracts fans worldwide.
- September 8 –The Amish Outlaws is a six-member band composed of several former Lancaster, Pennsylvania natives and a few friends who rock out with a set list featuring The Beatles, Billy Idol, Bob Marley, Prince and The Rolling Stones; all while donning traditional Amish garb.
To make it a great experience, the following Insider Tips will help concert goers during visits:
- Event attendees are encouraged to bring their own folding chairs, as seating is limited.
- On event days, alternate traffic patterns will be implemented while the concert area is in place.
- It is recommended that guests park in the back of the property and use the escalator by Regal Cinemas to access shops and the concert area.
- Before or after the concerts enjoy a delicious meal at one of the many restaurant options at The Shops at Nanuet including Bonefish Grill, P.F. Chang’s China Bistro, Zinburger Wine and Burger Bar, BJ’s Restaurant & Brewhouse, Banchetto Feast, Patsy’s Pizzeria and Qdoba.
The Summer Concert Series at The Shops at Nanuet is sponsored locally by Nyack Hospital.
Visitors are encouraged to visit www.facebook.com/shopsatnanuet each week to view complete details for each concert date, including retailer offerings, food sampling, enter-to-win opportunities, and more.
For more information about the The Shops at Nanuet’s Summer Concert Series, visit the center’s Facebook page or call (845) 367-9452.
The Shops at Nanuet now has new operating hours. Guests can visit the center, Monday through Saturday, 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.; and Sunday, 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. From July through September, visitors can take advantage of extended hours on Friday and Saturday nights until 10 p.m.